Thursday, February 20, 2020

Gear 2020

I know its been a while since I made my last gear post that I use daily, and for traveling. Made some major upgrades. I'm really fussy about my laptops so I upgraded to the Dell Latitude E7450 simple ultrabook, I uses the power supplies from my other laptops so no need to upgrade power supplies. I started to use Linux much more that I use Linux on all my computers even on my Xeon workstation desktop at home, where I will make a post about that machine. 

Dell Latitude E7450
Intel i5 5300u
16gb DRR3
256 GB SSD
Linux Mint 19.3
1080p screen




My tablet I had too many tablets since my Tab3, now I have a Tab A8 which is not too bad my Tab3 had better battery life.

I switched power banks still have the old Ravpower but anker is now top of my list of portable power.
Anker Power Core 2 20000
Power Port 2 Quick Charge
Anker Powerline+ USB C and Microusb
Olight MCC 2 charger for my Olight Flashlight SR2 Baton
Tomtoc Tech Case



Olight S2R 2 Baton  One of the best flashlights I have ever owned. Rechargeable with a magnetic charger that you can charge on a power bank or wall charger. It uses a 18650 battery. 


This pouch was bought at Walmart years ago and has been a great case for storing all my every day needs. 
Zebra F-701
Pilot Metropolitan - Uses the G2 refills
Flash Drives
Micro SD cards in the Altoids tin
Leatherman Style PS
Micro USB Cord
USB A to USB C OTG 
USB A to Micro USB OTG
SD/Micro SD card Reader
Drink packets
Ruler 
Skull candy ink'd ear buds
4 days of meds 
Gear Tie



My bags well I have 3 bags I use. All bags have a power supplies so I don't have to grab my laptop and gear.
Swissgear Synergy - For the heavy loads to a quick weekend road trip. Sadly my coffee mug and water bottle will not go in the bottle holder.. 
The North Face Recon - For every day carry looks small but it fits alot of stuff and can fit both coffee cup and water bottle on the sides. 
Timbuk2  Command messager bag - For interviews or light carry only the basics.
 

TaoTronics Soundsurge 60 - Bluetooth or Wired Headset

LG Tone Pro HBS-781 Bluetooth Headset

Hydroflask waterbottle 32oz
Hydroflash Coffee Flask Flex Sip Lid 20oz


Zojirushi Coffee Mug 

My phone Samsung Galaxy Note 9


Leatherman Wave - for those small repairs
CRKT - Drifter Sadly Discontinued I always carry a knife.


Samsung T5 500 GB SSD/Case/ USB C Cable

My Mouse Logitech M510 that hasn't changed good mouse and fits the hand really nice.


DREVO Excalibur 84-Keyboard Cherry MX Switch this goes in my suit case for those trips when I am going be coding with my laptop or I want to use my own keyboard to work on a computer.




No comments: